Service to Book Publishers and Academic Journals
Social Media Editor and Editorial Board member, Fashion, Style & Popular Culture (journal), Dec. 2016-Jan. 2019.
Cancer Causes & Control (2)
Fashion, Style & Popular Culture (2)
International Review for the Sociology of Sport
Sociology of Sport Journal (3)
Sport in Society (2)
Pre-Production Book Reviewer:
Duke University Press – Patricia Hill Collins, Intersectionality as Critical Social Theory
- Also reviewed the book proposal before Collins submitted it to Duke University Press
Book Reviewer for 2nd edition Update:
Polity Press – Patricia Hill Collins & Sirma Bilge, Intersectionality
Book Proposal Reviewer:
Service to Academic Associations
“Cancer Forum” abstract reviewer for annual conference, American Public Health Association, 2019.
Abstract reviewer for annual conference, International Communication Association, 2019.
Diversity and Conference Climate Committee, North American Society for the Sociology of SportNovember 2014-November 2016.
Service to the College
Johns Hopkins University
Diversity Leadership Council, 2020-2021.
- Select group of faculty, postdocs, and students who advise Ronald Daniels, university president, on issues of diversity and equity.
St. Mary’s College of Maryland
Public Health Initiative workgroup, 2019-2020.
- Creation of a pathway for students to focus on public health centered core courses.
- Building partnerships between the college and local health facilities for expanded educational opportunities and internships.
Lavender Graduation student-selected speaker nominee, Spring 2019.
Honors College 2.0 Core Design Workgroup, select faculty and staff, Summer 2018-Spring 2019.
Provost and Dean of the Faculty
- Identification and implementation of specific “signature pathways” topics, career preparation, and experiential learning outcomes to craft a new core curriculum for all students.
Faculty attendee, President’s First-Generation Student Reception, Fall 2017.
President Tuajuanda C. Jordan
Social Justice Working Group, select CORE 101 professors, Fall 2017.
Associate Dean of Curriculum
- Beginning with one course required of all students, we strategized ways to infuse social justice throughout the curriculum of the college.
Team expert, St. Mary’s College of Maryland’s Ethics Bowl, Fall 2017.
- Coached team members on the topic of sex testing in sport (Case 10: Running Away from the Competition), under the guidance of the head coach, Michael Taber, Associate Professor and Chair of the Department of Philosophy.
Guest speaker, Women in Science House (WiSH) tea social, February 2017.
Service to the Department
Department of Sociology, St. Mary’s College of Maryland
Representative, “Admissions Open House,” November 2019.
Representative, “Admitted Student Day” Open House, February 2019.
Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Program, St. Mary’s College of Maryland
Representative, “Seahawk Saturday” Open House, September-October 2016.
Department of Kinesiology, University of Maryland
Joan S. Hult Women’s History Month Lecture Committee, 2015-2016.
- Successfully negotiated and arranged for Rebecca Jordan-Young to be the lecturer. She is now Professor of Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies at Barnard College, Columbia University.
Physical Cultural Studies Graduate Student Conference Organizing Committee, 2011-2013.